It was a scary moment. I cringed as I dropped the spinach into my Ninja blender. In spite of the green color I took a gulp of the drink. And…. I smiled! Surprisingly, the dreaded Green Monster was delicious. I’m now hooked on the healthy drink and enjoy it anytime of the day. Whether it be breakfast, lunch or a snack, don’t be surprised to see a green mustache on this girl!
The Classic Green Monster
by Angela Liddon, link
Prep Time: 2 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
Ingredients (1 Serving)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 ripe banana, preferably peeled + frozen
- 2 handfuls organic spinach or 1 handful kale
- 1 tbsp chia seeds OR 1 tbsp ground flax
- 1 tbsp nut butter, optional
- 1-3 ice cubes
- Starting with the liquid, add in 1 cup of milk of your choice.
- Now add in the chia or flax and nut butter.
- Next, add in the spinach followed by the banana on top. Blend until smooth.
- Add in your ice cubes and blend some more. Enjoy!