I finally graduated middle school! To celebrate I did what everyone does…. bakes! Before becoming vegan, I LOVED the out-of-the-box brownies. I was addicted to them. This recipe incorporates the flavors I love with an even richer fudge-like taste. This happens to be created by myself, with guidance from some other recipes for proportions – but not ingredients!
^^^^ After my graduation ceremony.
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 Minutes
Ingredients (16 Servings)
- 1/2 + 1/8 cup vegan butter/margarine (I used Earth Balance)
- 2/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp agave nectar or maple syrup (I used agave nectar)
- 1/2 + 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 an with aluminum foil.
- Melt butter in microwave or on the stove top. Mix in the cocoa powder, then sugar in increments.
- Blend in the applesauce.
- Stir in the flour.
- Spread brownie batter evenly in the 8×8 pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.